- H.J. Andrews
- The research program has been diverse throughout the history of
the Andrews Forest, with the dominant themes changing over the years.
- The Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC), a federally-funded
national information system that provides, through its 16 subject-specific
clearinghouses, associated adjunct clearinghouses, and support components,
a variety of services and products on a broad range of education-related
- Biomimicry is a new science that studies nature's models and then
imitates or takes inspiration from these designs and processes to
solve human problems, e.g., a solar cell inspired by a leaf. Biomimicry
uses an ecological standard to judge the "rightness" of
our innovations. After 3.8 billion years of evolution, nature has
learned: What works. What is appropriate. What lasts. Biomimicry is
a new way of viewing and valuing nature. It introduces an era based
not on what we can extract from the natural world, but on what we
can learn from it.
- Center for Image
Processing in Education
- Promotes computer-aided visualization as a tool for teaching and
learning. CIPE conducts workshops and develops instructional materials
that use Image Processing and Geographic Information Systems technologies
as platforms for teaching about science, mathematics and technology.
- Council of Eastern
Forest Technology Schools (CEFTS)
- Representing NCSR partner forest technology programs East of the
Mississippi River; "Forest Technology Education for the New Millennium."
Education Organizations and Projects
- EE Link focuses
on resources that provide information and ideas that will
help educators explore the environment and investigate
current issues with students.
- Education for
Sustainable Development Toolkit
- Visit the Education for Sustainable Development Toolkit online!
The ESD Toolkit is an easy-to-use manual for beginning the process
of combining education and sustainability.
- Forestry Learning
- Oregon State University Forestry Media Center. Provides videos, slide-tapes,
and films for over 120 forestry education and training programs.
and Natural Resources Desktop Reference Library
- North Carolina State University Forestry Extension has developed
this Web-based reference site as a continuing education, distance
learning project that incorporates multipoint video-teleconferencing,
RealAudio synchronized multimedia, and the World Wide Web to provide
research-based information on forestry and natural resources.
and Conservation Scientists
- Information on the occupations in forestry, including job outlook
- K-12 GIS Jumpstart
- Collaborative Research Network
- LTER Network
- A collaborative ecological research effort promoting synthesis and
comparative research across sites and ecosystems and among related
programs would like to get our not-for-profit agency, Pisgah Forest
Institute, which provides free in-service workshops on a variety of
environmental topics for K - 12 educators, list under organizations
in the link section of your website. Most of our support comes in
the form of grants from the USDA Forest Service and the US Dept of
Education. For more information about our program, review our website.
Association of Marine Labs
- The National Association of Marine Laboratories (NAML), organized
in the late 1980's, is a nonprofit organization of over 120 members
employing more than 10,000 scientists, engineers, and professionals
and representing marine and Great Lakes laboratories stretching from
Guam to Bermuda and Alaska to Puerto Rico.
- Yahoo! is one
of the best known search engines on the internet.
- NSF highlights key centers, including the Northwest Center for Sustainable
Resources, in this publication called "Synergy," presented
in html and pdf versions on the Web.
- Oregon State University
- Organization of Biological
- TOBFS is an association of about 180 field stations and professionals
concerned with field facilities for biological research and education,
primarily in North America and Central America.
- A free, online magazine for the latest research news in the world
- Society of American
- USDA - Natural
Resources Conservation Service
- From the United States Department of Agriculture.
- U.S. Long Term
Ecological Research Network
- To request to have your site added to our list of related sites,
send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.